COVID-19 Child Care for Essential Workers
Find an In-Home Provider
Care.com is providing three months of free, premium membership to Care.com to critical frontline and essential workers in Louisiana who would like to identify potential caregivers for their children during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please note that most caregivers available through Care.com charge for their services, and families are responsible for paying them. Visit https://Louisiana.care.com to learn more. Care.com's free premium membership for Louisiana essential workers was also highlighted in a recent Nola.com article.
Find a Licensed Child Care Center
The early learning centers below have reported that they are open and willing to enroll new children. Please note that a center may not be listed here for a few different reasons-it may be closed, it may be open but isn't accepting new enrollment, or it may be a center that has not informed Agenda that it would like to enroll new children at this time.
Listing of Open Centers Willing to Enroll New Children
- Jefferson Parish
- Orleans Parish
- All Parishes in our region (Ascension, Jefferson, Lafourche, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany, Terrebonne, and Washington)
If you represent a licensed child care center in our 12-parish service delivery area that would like to be included in this listing, please fill out our Respite Care Interest Form for Providers. Our staff will then contact you for further information.
Important Notes on the Listing of Open Centers
- Availability is subject to constant change. The availability listed below is an estimate as of the time it was published. We are updating vacancy information on wa weekly basis.
- Call the center before visiting, to ensure seats are still available.
- Child care availability is limited.
- Only Type III centers and registered family child care providers can accept Child Care Assistance Program payments (CCAP), so be sure to make a note of which centers are Type III programs if you are using (or plan to use) Child Care Assistance.