COVID-19 Child Care for Essential Workers
Find an In-Home Provider
Care.com is providing three months of free, premium membership to Care.com to critical frontline and essential workers in Louisiana who would like to identify potential caregivers for their children during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please note that most caregivers available through Care.com charge for their services, and families are responsible for paying them. Visit https://Louisiana.care.com to learn more. Care.com's free premium membership for Louisiana essential workers was also highlighted in a recent Nola.com article.
Find a Licensed Child Care Center
Use our Referral Database to Find a Child Care Program
- Call us: Call our offices at (504) 586-8509 or 1-800-486-1712. Our referral specialists will ask you some basic information about your family and preferences, and will provide a list of referrals via email, regular mail or fax.
- Search online: Search for child care using our database. Remember that you are always welcome to call our office if you have any questions or would like more information.
Note that the names of programs you receive are generated by a computer in an impartial manner. They are not recommendations and we cannot guarantee the quality of any program in our database. We strongly encourage you to interview and research the providers thoroughly before placing your child in a particular program. Read our How to Find Quality Care guide for more information on the child care search process.
Important Notes on Open Centers
- Call the center before visiting to ensure seats are still available.
- Child care availability is limited.
- Only Type III centers and registered family child care providers can accept Child Care Assistance Program payments (CCAP), so be sure to make a note of which centers are Type III programs if you are using (or plan to use) Child Care Assistance.