Louisiana School Readiness Tax Credit Program
In 2007, the Louisiana Legislature passed a unique package of tax credits known as the School Readiness Tax Credits (SRTC). Louisiana is the first state to establish tax credits to encourage private investment to improve the quality of care and education for young children. For every dollar you donate to a Child Care Resource & Referral agency, up to $5,000, your business will receive a dollar-for-dollar refundable credit on your Louisiana State taxes.
Click on the image or click here to download a copy of the SRTC brochure and the contribution form!
OR, donate immediately online, at Network for Good! Be sure to note that the contribution is a "School Readiness Tax Credit" donation in the Designation field.
Agenda for Children’s Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) serves the following parishes in Southeast Louisiana:
|Jefferson||St. Bernard||St. Tammany|
Three Reasons Louisiana Businesses Should Take Advantage of the School Readiness Tax Credit:
- For every dollar up to $5,000 contributed to Agenda for Children, your business will receive a dollar-for-dollar refundable credit on your Louisiana State taxes.
- You can turn your tax liability into an investment in early care and education.
- You have the power to decide where your tax dollars go.
Investing in early childhood education is one of the best investments you can make for your business and Louisiana’s future. Direct the State of Louisiana to spend your tax dollar on early childhood education. Agenda for Children’s CCR&R works to bring quality care and education to every child in Southeast Louisiana.
Research shows that quality care in early childhood---from birth to age five---is a critical element as to how successful a child and our society as a whole will be in the years to come. The most economically efficient time to develop skills and social abilities is in the very early years---prevention is far more cost-effective than remediation.
Make your refundable contribution today. You can download the contribution form above and mail a check to Agenda for Children, or donate through Network for Good, using the link above. Please email us at SRTC@agendaforchildren.org to receive a hard copy of the brochure and contribution form, or for additional information. Our W-9 form is available by clicking here.
Investing in early childhood programs pays off. Research indicated that adults who received high-quality early childhood care and education show economic and social gains. A landmark long-term study* of the effects of early care and education on low-income three and four year olds shows that adults at age 40 who participated in a high-quality pre-school program in their early years are more likely to succeed. Overall, the study documented a return to society of more than $16 for every tax dollar invested in the early care and education programs.
*High/Scope Perry Research Study, November 2004
Where to go for more information
- The Louisiana Department of Revenue offers more information for tax filers seeking a School Readiness Tax Credit. Note that you'll need to scroll down to the fifth section-Tax credit For Donations To Resource And Referral Agencies-to learn more about this specific tax credit.
- Read the law (RS 47:6107) that created the School Readiness Tax Credits for businesses on the Louisiana legislature's web site.
- The Louisiana Society of CPAs highlighted the tax credits in the October 2012 issue of their Lagniappe magazine.
- The Quality Start web site offers an F.AQ. section for businesses interested in the School Readiness Tax Credits.
Join the following businesses that have already made contributions:Carriere & Dunn Tax and Accounting Services
Covington Investment Mgmt, LLC
Jay Goldsmith, MD, LLC
Kushner LaGraize, LLC
Levy & Associates, LLC
M.S. Rau Antiques
Marsiglia Construction Company
Peter Mayer Advertising
Republic Beverage Corporation
St. Denis J. Villere & Company, LLC
Steeg Law Firm, LLC
Woodward Design + Build