Parents and Families
At Agenda for Children, we know that parents want the very best for their children and we are here to help!
Our child care resource and referral department can help you:
- find child care that meets your family’s specific needs
- learn what quality early care and education looks like and how to find it
- learn how high-quality early education builds the foundation for your child’s lifelong success
- learn about various types of early care and education (including child care centers, family child care homes, Head Start, and more)
- get information about community resources that can help you pay for child care, get free or low-cost health insurance for your children and learn about effective parenting strategies
You can learn more about our services by clicking on the links above, or you can always call 1-800-486-1712 to speak with one of our trained parent referral specialists. Our services are available, free of charge, to all families living in Southeast Louisiana (Ascension, Assumption, Jefferson, Lafourche, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John, Livingston, St. Helena, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne and Washington parishes). Families living outside of this area may visit www.childcareaware.org to locate similar services in their area.