Join Us at Agenda for Children
Thanks for your interest in joining our team! Agenda for Children is made up of a group of dedicated professionals who are working together to improve the lives of children and families in Louisiana.
We currently have one position open:
The CDA Instructor/coach is responsible for assisting 20-25 child care teachers in meeting the educational requirements needed to attain the Child Development Associate’s Credential through direct instruction, providing aligned technical assistance visits and coaching, coordinating site visits and guest lectures, facilitating communities of practice, observing, and implementing applied practice activities. This includes working full-time, year round in the CDA program. He/she will be responsible for teaching the CDA classes, recruiting candidates, and supporting candidates in successful completion of the requirements to attain a CDA credential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach interactive class sessions on alternate Saturdays.
- Provide feedback on all ERS and CLASS scores to each candidate.
- Provide a minimum of 16 hours of individualized coaching in each candidate’s classroom.
- Provide and monitor field experiences that offer a unique educational opportunity for early childhood teachers to earn a CDA, combining classroom instruction with job-embedded coaching, online training and field-based experiences
- Ensure that 100% of graduates attain their CDAs within a year of completing the program.
- Participate in designing a presentation to each network twice a year to report on the progress of the program. The report will include information such as the number of candidates remaining in the program, the types of experiences that are being provided, number of candidates receiving the CDA credential, and the results of evaluation data collected on the program.
- Provide the community networks with a written quarterly update on the progress of the program.
- CDA program staff will actively engage the members of each local community to assist with recruitment of up to ten CDA candidates, with an emphasis on identifying teachers that demonstrate high potential.
- Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred
- Certified Pre-K CLASS observer
- 5+ years professional experience in field of education
- Deep conceptual understanding of the CDA program and Adult learning styles.
- Experience providing professional development and support to education professionals
- Ability to analyze data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Adept use of technology
- Must have valid driver’s license and transportation
- Ability to obtain a Louisiana Right to Review
SPECIAL WORKING REQUIREMENTS
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, have reliable transportation and proof of insurance to meet with clients and conduct business within the service delivery area
- No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect
- Must obtain a clear background check through the State of Louisiana
- Position requires a flexible schedule, including some evening and weekend work
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications accepted until position filled.
No phone calls please.
Agenda for Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status or disability.