Join Us at Agenda for Children
Thanks for your interest in joining our team! Agenda for Children is made up of a group of dedicated professionals who are working together to improve the lives of children and families in Louisiana.
We currently have one position open:
Child Care Technical Assistance Coach/Trainer (Northshore Region)
The Child Care Technical Assistant/Trainer works on-site with child care centers to improve their program quality and increase their skills and knowledge related to CLASS, Teaching Strategies GOLD and the Louisiana Birth to Five Early Learning and Development Standards (ELDS). She also conducts group trainings on various early childhood topics with special emphasis on trainings related to Teaching Strategies GOLD, CLASS, and the Louisiana Birth to Five Early Learning Standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide on-site technical assistance (TA) to child care centers to help them make program improvements, with a special focus on those in Louisiana Act 3 Pilot Networks, including assisting programs in full implementation of Teaching Strategies GOLD (TS GOLD), full understanding of the domains and dimensions of CLASS and the Louisiana Birth to Five Early Learning Standards
- Provide training, observation, evaluation, consultation, collaboration, and on-site modeling based on the Practice-Based Coaching Model, developed by the National Center on Quality Teaching and Learning (NCQTL)
- Develop collaborative partnerships with early childhood programs working together with them to create programs goals
- Work with early childhood educators/programs to develop action steps towards meeting their program goals and provide follow-up assessment and consultation
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on child care licensing regulations, the Quality Rating System (QRS), and the goals and expectations of the Louisiana Department of Education (LDOE) Act 3 pilot work
- Work to establish relationships with the coordinating partner and other partners in the various Act 3 pilot Networks, as assigned
- Conduct licensing required visits as indicated by licensing deficiency reports
- Complete pre-and post-visit forms, as well as other TA-related documentation, as required
- Complete monthly reports on activities accomplished throughout the month
- Responsible for conducting weekly trainings on various early childhood topics with special emphasis on trainings related to Teaching Strategies GOLD, CLASS, and the Louisiana Birth to Five Early Learning Standards
- Develop new trainings, as needed
- Maintain certification as a Pathways certified trainer, CLASS reliability and TS GOLD inter-rater reliability
- Complete and submit training- related paperwork
- Bachelor Degree in the field of early childhood development, child development, or related field.
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of child development based on education, training, and experience working directly with children in a high-quality child care setting
- Experience in and comprehensive knowledge of the features necessary to operate a high-quality childcare center
- Eligible for Pathways Trainer Certification, TS GOLD inter-rater reliability, and CLASS reliability
- Ability to build partnerships with child care centers and school leaders in Network pilots
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Well-organized, motivated self-starter who is able to work independently
- Ability to successfully conduct high quality training sessions for adults on the high quality early care and education of young children
- Ability to manage time, work without direct supervision, and contribute to team atmosphere
- Competent in using computer technology and software
- Commitment to mission and vision of Agenda for Children
Special Working Requirements
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, have reliable transportation and proof of insurance to meet with clients and conduct business within the service delivery area
- No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect
- Must obtain a clear background check through the State of Louisiana
- Position requires a flexible schedule, including some evening and weekend work
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications accepted until position filled.
No phone calls please.
Agenda for Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status or disability.
Salaray is commensurate with experience.