Early Care and Education Training Program
Agenda for Children's Early Care and Education Training Program provides training opportunities that offer child care providers, center directors, school leaders, school teachers and family child tools to promote quality early childhood experiences that lead to school readiness. We provide a variety of trainings to assist early childhood professionals in their pursuit to improve quality. Our trainings cover a variety of early childhood topics, including trainings in the areas of developmentally appropriate curriculum ideas, CLASS, Teaching STrategies GOLD, Louisiana Early Learning and Development Guidelines, Quality Start information, emergency preparedness, inclusion, CPR and First Aid, and child care administrative support.
Effective July 1, 2014, Agenda for Children's training program will offer a set of seven foundational courses related to CLASS, Teaching Strategies GOLD and the Early Learning and Development Standards for free to staff who work at Class A child care centers and family child care providers registered with the Child Care Assistance Program. These courses will also be offered on a rotating basis for Class B centers at a cost of $10 a participant. We apologize for the inconvenience, but due to legal restrictions, Class B program staff may not attend the foundational trainings for Class A centers and family child care providers. We will also offer a free family child care orientation for family child care providers registered with the Child Care Assistance Program.
November 2014 Trainings
- November 2014 Fee-Based Training Calendar: CPR & First Aid; Universal Precaution; Medication Administration; Food Safety and Sanitation; Recognizing Abuse and Neglect; Intensive Individualized Interventions; Ages and Stages-Using the ASQ-3; Higher Order Thinking Skills; The Value of Your Library Center; The Art of Conversing; DAP Learning Environments on a Dime; Promoting Children's Success; Promoting Fine Motor Development; Making Routines and Transitions Fun and Supporting Social-Emotional Literacy
- November 2014 Foundational Learning Training Calendar for Class A and Family Child Care
- November 2014 Foundational Learning Training Calendar for Class B Centers
October 2014 Trainings
- October 2014 Foundational Learning for Class A and Family Child Care Training Calendar
- October 2014 Fee-Based Trainings: CPR & First Aid, Medication Administration, Food Safety and Sanitation, Amazingly Easy Science and Math, Supporting Children's Writing in Preschool Settings, TS GOLD Refresher, Computer Technology for Beginners, DAP Learning Environments on a Dime and Strategies for Supporting Early Language and Literacy
You can download an extra registration form here. Registrations can be mailed to:
Agenda for Children
Attn: Training Department
8300 Earhart Blvd., Suite 201
New Orleans, LA 70118
Fee Based Training
Agenda for Children also offers fee-based, private trainings to meet the additional needs of child care programs and family child care providers, on topics such as Health & Safety, CPR & First Aid, Family Engagement, Behavior Management, Instructional Support and much more! To make arrangements for these fee-based, private trainings, please email Diane Zimmerer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Positive Steps Team
Diane Zimmerer is our Positive Steps Coordinator. Diane is responsible for trainings in all three of the regions we serve. The following staff can answer your questions about specific trainings in your region and the registration process. Please use the Information Request Form to request a duplicate certificate or training transcript.
Kenya Harris 504.586.8509, ext. 125 email@example.com
Emily Trout (877) 543-7190 firstname.lastname@example.org
Yokesha Greene (985) 446-8330 email@example.com