Positive Steps Child Care Training Program
The Positive Steps Child Care Training Program provides training opportunities that offer child care providers, center directors and other child care professionals tools to promote quality early childhood experiences that lead to school readiness. We provide a variety of trainings to assist providers in their pursuit to improve quality. Our trainings cover a variety of early childhood topics, including trainings in the areas of developmentally appropriate curriculum ideas, Quality Start information, emergency preparedness, inclusion, CPR and First Aid, Louisiana Early Learning Guidelines, CDA-related course offerings, and child care administrative support.
July - September Training Catalog
Click on the catalog icon at the left to download our July - September catalog, which features early education workshops for all of our regions (Greater New Orleans, Houma Region and the Northshore).
You can download an extra registration form here. Registrations can be mailed to:
Agenda for Children/Positive Steps
8300 Earhart Blvd., Suite 201
New Orleans, LA 70118
April - June 2013 Training Catalog
Click on the catalog icon at the left to download our April-June catalog, which features early education workshops for all of our regions (Greater New Orleans, Houma Region and the Northshore). For the first time, we have included all of our trainings into one easy-to-use catalog.
Please note that the following changes have been made to our scheduled workshops since the catalog was sent to print:
- The Family Child Care Orientation originally scheduled for April 23rd in Mandeville will now be held on May 7th.
- The location has changed for Stress Management that was originally scheduled to be held at The Centers Kids on May 11, 2013. It will now be held at Building Blocks Kid's Academy, LLC (46061 Highway 10, Franklinton, LA 70438).
- The Workplace Communication session scheduled for May 18th will be held at Les Petite Amis (6039 Hwy 1, Napoleonville, LA 70390).
- Regsitration for the May 11th Establishing Healthy Relationships workshop (at Latter Memorial Library in New Orleans) is closed because the class is full.
- Regsitration for the May 18th Food Safety and Sanitation workshop (at Dryades YMCA in New Orleans) is closed because the class is full.
- Regsitration for the June 8th Circle Time Activities workshop (at Heart of Learning in Chalmette) is closed because the class is full.
- The FCC: What Does Your Program Say about You? workshop originally scheduled for May 11th has been cancelled.
- The Overview of Social Emotional Screening (at Eagle Christian Academy in Hammond) originally scheduled for April 23rd has been rescheduled for May 21st.
- The CPR and First Aid classes scheduled for May 11th in Slidell will now be held at 1428 Gause Blvd., Suite 107 Slidell LA 70458.
Positive Steps Team
Diane Zimmerer is our Positive Steps Coordinator. Diane is responsible for trainings in all three of the regions we serve. The following staff can answer your questions about specific trainings in your region and the registration process.
Miss McKinnie 504.586.8509 ext. 135 email@example.com
Emily Trout 985.624.2950 ext. 203 firstname.lastname@example.org
DeNeil Brown 985.446.8330 ext. 301 email@example.com