Early Care and Education Workshops
Agenda for Children provides a wide variety of classes designed to improve teachers' skills related to CLASS, child assessment, child development, curriculum and much more. We regularly offer day-long seminars where teachers can receive up to six clock hours of professional development in one day. We also offer customized workshops to schools and Head Start programs for a modest fee.
We have temporarily suspended all in-person trainings due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In the meantime, we are offering virtual trainings.
- Register now for our Virtual Seminar.
- FREE online CPR classes are available through funding from LDOE; CCAP-certified family child care providers and staff from Type I, II and III centers in the parishes we serve can attend for free, but space is limited!
- Visit our our online registration system for workshops available to centers, family child care providers and schools.
- If your program would like to arrange for a training specifically for your staff, please contact Luz Kief at firstname.lastname@example.org. These workshops can be provided at no cost to Type III centers through our contract with the Louisiana Department of Education, as long as your program meets minimum enrollment requirements.
Register for Classes
- Search for workshops
- Register yourself and your staff for workshops
- Pay for classes (a credit card is required)
- Take evaluations and download certificates
We have put together a few manuals to help you learn how to use the new system:
- How to learn your username and reset your password
- How to search classes and register for classes
- How to submit an evaluation and download a certificate
- How to update your profile
- How to print copies of invoices and pay invoices
- How to create an account for a staff member and link them to your account
- How to update your staff members' profiles and reset their passwords
Our training program offers foundational courses related to CLASS, Teaching Strategies GOLD and the Early Learning and Development Standards for free to staff who work at Type III child care centers and family child care providers registered with the Child Care Assistance Program. Staff at schools and Type I and Type II centers can attend workshops at a cost of $10 a participant. Due to restrictions in our funding, we are not able to open registration up to Type I and Type II centers until we have enough participants from Type III centers registered for a workshop. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you work for a school that only uses purchase orders, please contact us at email@example.com to arrange payment.
Fee Based Training
Agenda for Children offers fee-based, private trainings to meet the additional needs of child care programs and family child care providers, on topics such as Family Engagement, Behavior Management, Instructional Support and much more! Click here for a full catalog of our training options. To make arrangements for these fee-based, private trainings, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Notified about Future Trainings
If you would like to receive emails about upcoming workshops in your area, please click here to sign up for our newsletter-be sure to sign up for either "Child Care Center Directors" or "Early Childhood Educators" list in the appropriate region(s).
Kenya Harris and Ashley Plaisance are our program assistants. They can assist you in your registration process. They are also happy to help you determine which classes your staff would benefit from, guide you through your Pathways application, and answer questions about CLASS and Teaching Strategies GOLD.
New Orleans: Kenya Harris is based out of our New Orleans office and can be contacted at 504.586.8509 or email@example.com.
Northshore and Houma region: Ashley Plaisance is based out of our Houma office and can be reached at 985.446.8330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.